Monday, December 18, 2017

Not Dead Yet.

Well I am now heading into a new year five years away from 50.   I do not feel the way I was told I would feel at this age.  I feel like I did at 18 years old.  The one thing that has changed the past 2 years, is I am less likely to ride outdoors in the cold weather.  I don't think my age has anything to do with my motivation (or lack of) to riding outdoors during colder weather,  I think access to better technology to simulate biking indoors is the reason.  Who wants to ruin bike parts with salty conditions and mud?  Not me.  For indoor spinning now days with online group rides and races, I can almost tolerate spinning on a trainer.  I just need a bigger fan.  I have a bit of renewed motivation to keep in shape for some gravel road races as well as a few XC Mountain bike races, next season.  I have been a bit better at work-life balance, at least I can sleep at night without my phone going off.  Now I just have to keep busy because if I am too busy riding, working and doing yard work, I leave little time to "get old" right?

My Goal for 2018:  To get in at least 100 miles (indoor or outdoor) per week (winter).  For the winter months,  also do at least one online race every 2 weeks.  For the summer months, get in 125 miles per week. with one ride exceeding 50 miles per week (unless its sloppy weather).

No comments: