Thursday, May 19, 2011

No bragging

2011-05-14 (Saturday): I am not going to brag about my 1st place in the Men 30-39 class of the Stony Creek 6 hour race. Why should I? It had a great turn out despite the rain and mud, but those who did not do this race did the Tailwind Brighton Stage Race (USAC). I will tell you that I did all my laps with just enough time to switch out water bottles and even trade bikes in the 5th and 6th laps. By the 6th lap I realized that not going to the bathroom before the race started because I really had to go. So every once in a while I will slow down expecting to go of the path to go... then I would see hikers or racers catching up... after a few times I decided I had better just keep going. When I finished my 6th lap I just missed the chance to do my 7th lap by just 40 seconds. I beat 2nd place guy by about 1/2 hour and 3rd place by one whole lap. I completed 61.2 miles in 5 hours and 29 minutes.

2011-05-19 (Thursday): Did a medium to easy 20 miles with Pauly... we did Markwood 2 times... that hill seems easier at times... and others times I feel faster. 20+ miles today.

YTD Distance: 1380.15 miles.

No comments: