Wednesday, May 11, 2011

PLAYING CATCH UP


Ok time to play "catch-up" not only with my blog entries but with other racers and getting back to where I was last year before Iceman. I have been feeling slow lately and I know I can be faster. The Gravel Grinder 100k back road ride was around the last time I felt strong.... then I kinda went down hill from there on out.

2011-05-04 (Wednesday): I did 2 laps at the Lake Orion High School trail. The first lap was moderate and the second lap was much faster as I was riding with a fast teammate. These were 6 mile laps, I felt totally spent halfway into the second lap. 12 miles total.

2011-05-05 (Thursday): This was the first race at Lake Orion HS Trail (6 race series) about 10 miles which includes 1.5 laps. I felt worse than I did the day before.

2011-05-07 (Saturday): This was all bike riding with bikes that did not belong to me. I went to the Island Lake Bike Demo. ( did 2.4 laps with the first lap using an 2011 Epic 29'er and the second lap with an 2011 Epic 29'er Evo which was an awesome experience. I rode fast, I felt fast. 30+ miles.

2011-05-08 (Sunday): I did 2 6 mile laps at a moderate pace at the Lake Orion High School trail... I took Kristhal along with me. 12 miles total.

2011-05-11 (Wednesday): Today was the second race at Lake Orion HS Trail (6 race series). This was a 1.6 mile short track course. The Advanced Classes did 7 laps. I felt strong the first 4 laps, then I started to slack off on the remain laps. I had trouble keeping track of my laps so I thought I had more laps than I did. Of course thinking I had more race only encouraged me to not race at a pace I should have. Upon finishing my last lap it was at the last 70 yards I realized I should have been sprinting.... oops too late. I got 4th place. 11.2 total miles. I hope I am A LOT stronger in June!

YTD distance 1298.95 miles.

Next race is the 6 & 12 hour race at Stony Creek on Saturday.... I am doing the 6 hour race.

No comments: